Elizabeth Kaylee arrived on May 23rd at IMC Hospital in Murray, UT. It was a day of mixed feelings, filled with excitement that our baby girl was arriving and worry because I had placenta previa and a possible acreta. Not that any of those terms mean alot to the average person, but serious in the medical world. She arrived at 8:27 a.m. by c-section in an O.R. Two and half weeks before my original due date. Weighing in at 6lbs 15oz and 19.5inches in length, she was the absolute perfect baby. Unfortunatley, after she was delivered the team of doctors working on me went to check on my placenta and uterus. It didn't look good, and our hopes of saving my uterus would be no longer an option. And so coming to, in recovery, I had to deal with the fact that I no longer would be able to concieve or carry any more children. We had been preparing for this situation, as early as my first trimester. So we knew it always was a possibility. We had just hoped and prayed that my health and Elizabeth's would not be compromised, and saving my uterus, last on the list.
Through these past few months Eli's been with us, I have yet to really comprehend the reality of what happened. She is here with us now, and I try to focus on the present, enjoying each day and every passing moment that I can see her grow and progress. I am just eternally grateful to my Father in Heaven that I have had the opportunity to carry two beautiful healthy children into this world. I know the Lord can see what is best for our family and what future it holds, and I know that as I have faith in Him, he can help me to be a better mother, not only to my own children, but maybe someday, to someone else's. I know it will be hard to see others continue bringing children into this world, what with my time being cut short, I have faith that the Lord has other plans for our family.

1 comment:
Did you look at my blog? I changed it!:) And you are right if I became a world renowned swimmer I probably wouldn't have you in my life, although you never know, maybe some how I would have met Mark regardless, or at least I like to think I would have, but your post made me think that I didn't write anything about Mark, so I am going to change that. Thanks
Post a Comment