5.22.2010
I finished!!!
So, some exciting news!!! I finished my last Parent Training course for Ben's ABA Therapy. If you didn't know, I've been taking a six-week long course to qualify for Ben to recieve his ABA Therapy again. The regional center requires all parents who request ABA to take this course in which they teach and lecture, us parents, on techniques that they use and will implement with our children. Basically, they want to be sure the parents are invested in their child's future and don't just expect someone else to come in and "make every better". I really enjoyed taking the course and not just to understand my child and his disorder, but I gained a lot of support through it as well. It was comforting to hear other parents frustrations and concers that were so close or similar to my own and who knew what I was really going through. And so, I'm really excited for Ben to receive this therapy once again, he improved so much when we previously had it, and that was only for 8 weeks!!!! When I spoke with Ben's caseworker, she had said she had already contacted the agency we would be recieving services through and that by June 1st, we should have ABA rolling again...woohoo!! I can't wait, it's going to help Ben tremendously!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment