11.21.2009

Happy Birthday Ben!!!!!!



First and foremost, I need to wish my little boy a very HAPPY BIRTHDAAYYYYYY!!!!! I can not believe how fast time really does go by, when you have kids. We are so over the top extremely grateful for Ben. He is the sweetest little boy. He has taught us a great deal what it means to be parents and has blessed our lives beyond measure. Over the past 3 years we have been through a lot with our little Ben. This past year has been one of tremendous growth and persistence for not only Ben, but for Phil and I both. Ben has had therapy in the past months and we have seen quite an improvement since we've started ABA and OT. We are really excited about the future and what is still to come for Benny. He is a smart little boy with so much potential. We were really excited to get together this past Thursday with the school district, among others, to have an IEP(Individualized Education Plan). We discussed what should come next for Ben, education wise. After hearing from the Speech Therapist, Nurse, Psychologist and the District...they felt it in the best interest for Ben to attend a Special Day Program for Pre-schoolers five days a week for 3 hours a day. Here he will continue learning his self-help skills, work on language, cognitive skills, potty training, etc. He will still continue with OT at Kaiser every other week, but will start with the school on Dec 2nd. We are excited for Ben to go to school and be among his peers where he can gain those much needed skills we all take for granted. I am sad to have him leave me every day in the morning, I will miss my little boy, but I guess I have to share him with others too. ;-) He has come a long way from the Ben we knew only a year ago, but we are grateful to see him slowly coming back into our world. We love him so much and can't wait to see what will be in store for his future! Happy Birthday Benjamin!!!!!!







1 comment:

The Vickrey's said...

Yes, Happy Birthday Ben. Did you get my message the other day that I left on your phone? Anyhow he is darling and wonderful. We miss you all. Thanks for the update!