10.14.2010

Candy Apples...Halloween style!

I had spoken with Ben's teacher a while back about him starting in a new class at school.  She said it was ABA based and would focus on the academics (obviously).  This would mean he would be leaving his teacher and classroom and moving across the hall to a different class with a different teacher.  And he will attend school now in the afternoon, rather than the morning.

Overall, it's a step in the right direction and it will help reinforce what they are doing with his ongoing ABA that he has here at home.  We are pretty excited for this.  Although I'm sure it will take some adjusting for Ben, but he is a trooper and it is good for him.



And so, because I just can't stand to not make something.  I decided I should make a farewell/thank you/halloween gift for his teacher and her helpers.  So I decided to make caramel apples.  I didn't realize just how easy they are to make, I had fun making them!!  The first was trial and error, of course.  I didn't roll my apple in my nuts and candy right away, which didn't allow them to stick.  That caramel certainly dries fast!!  So, with the others I knew I had to dip, then roll them in nuts and candies immediately after I dipped them in caramel.  They turned out really good, I popped them in the fridge to set for a bit and wrapped them up all cute with ribbon.  And ta-da!!!  Cute gift for the teachers. =)  Although, I now think back...I wish I would have sampled my apples to see if they are even good.  Hopefully they don't break their teeth when they eat my apples....oops!  I guess my next batch I'll taste test them first before giving them away.

No comments: