12.21.2010

Tears with Santa

At our Ward Christmas Party this year, I was excited to see the kids meet Santa.  They have finally reached an age at where they recognize things (mainly Elizabeth).  She's been calling everything and anything, "Snowmen!"  Seriously, it's too cute.  

But I really wanted her to see and start to recognize Santa Claus.  So anytime Santa came on one of our Christmas movies or at the store, I was sure to point him out.  I know she understood.  So back to the Ward party.  Santa, of course showed up at the end and all the kids scrambled to get in line to meet the ol' man.  Us included, we stood in line and I pointed Santa out numerous times.  Both Ben and Elizabeth waited patiently behind the other kids and everyone got to take their picture with him.  Of course in the back of my mind, I knew Elizabeth would freak out and maybe even cry...and of course, she didn't fail to deliver.  When it was our turn to "sit on Santa's lap"...she went all shy on us, like always, and didn't want to have anything to do with him. 

And like a good mommy, I wanted a picture of my babies with Santa, for the 1st time.  Whether there were tears or not.  

So the kids climbed atop Santa's lap and cried.  Sitting long enough for a quick photo that will forever be framed and brought out each and every Christmas.  *Sigh*...Makin' memories!



Merry Christmas!!!

1 comment:

Sara & Chuck said...

Those are the most classical pictures of all time!! I wouldnt bring out only for christmas, I would totally hang that up all year long!! That is so funny.