October has been filled to the brim, with parties and activities every weekend. It's no wonder the holiday seasons come so fast and go so quickly. There is so much going on!
Last weekend, the kids and I headed out to the pumpkin patch for a fun filled morning and pun'kin pick'in. I wish there was a chance to go with friends, but scheduling things with others can be somewhat impossible at times. Our schedule is pretty packed and so are others. So the kids and I headed out, just us three. But when we pulled into our parking space at the patch, we were welcomed by a ward family that was visiting from out of town. I was so excited to see them! They are a favorite family of ours. Julie, is a close friend and was my VT, before she moved out of the ward. She was also Ben's teacher/aide at church for a lengthy amount of time. And our children were friends also. I love them, really I do.
So we were blessed to hang out with them for the morning.
Ben actually enjoyed the petting zoo for the 1st time.
The goats were quite friendly, and the kids and I just laughed.
Ben's favorite was the horse, for sure.
He would put his hand through the fence and giggle when the horse would tickle him, with his nose and whiskers.
We picked pumpkins.
And took a little family photo.
(Only possible because we had our awesome friends hangn' with us).
After all was said and done at the patch, we went home for a few hours to eat and rest before heading off to a costume party, for my niece, Kayla's birthday.
I decided to put the kids in "dress-up" clothes, rather than their actual costumes. I'm saving those for the actual, trick-or-treating. The kids had a blast with their cousins.
They decorated cookies.
Pumpkins.
And even some silly games.
(Although, they were mainly geared for the older kids).
It was a fun day. And the kids had fun doing some Halloween "stuff".
Mission for the day:
Complete!

No comments:
Post a Comment