Yayyy! It's back to school time! As much fun as its been having the summer off, I'd been having mixed feelings about them going back. On one hand, I loved that the kids are old enough now that mommy could sleep a little longer each morning and that we weren't truly held to a schedule (minus Ben's regular therapy sessions), plus it was just awesome not having to run around everywhere and every single day.
But I know the kids were dying to go back to school. Lizzie kept asking about her new teacher and school. And Mr. B just thrives on his regular schedule, I know he missed his teachers and aides. This year, Ben's class moved closer to home now attending a school only a mile or so away from our house. He still doesn't attend our home school, but it's nice knowing that he is much closer to us.
Taking the bus to school.
He is getting better about smiling for me...or he's just getting used to the idea that mom will always have a camera connected to her hip.
Lizzie in front of her new classroom. She was super excited to be a Kindergartner.
New school. New backpack. New clothes.
Lizzie got lucky being able to have not only a church friend in her class this year, but her friend Brayden, who is also our neighbor. She loves having so many friends in her class with her.
I thought this would be fun every school year, to write down the things they love and the things that remind me of them. I figure they will appreciate it when they get older and can go through each year and see how much things have changed..or not.
It's so amazing how quickly they grow and let their personalities shine through.


No comments:
Post a Comment