5.25.2014

Joshua Tree Excursion


We took a little trip out to Joshua Tree during Spring Break.  Yeah, I have to say, I wasn't all that excited...I guess I've had my fill of the desert scene growing up in the good ol' HD.  And yep, it basically it looked exactly as I expected it to be.  Dirt, rocks, Joshua Trees, and more dirt.  We went with some friends from Phil's work and it was fun hanging out, hiking the trails, and climbing over rocks.  


#familyselfie




*Photography by Elizabeth*
#backseatphoto









Climbing things is Ben's expertise.  Even while we tried to keep a close watch on him and make sure he didn't go far, there had to be some sort of near death experience when you're dealing with mountain rocks and a child who with no fear.  We had come to the end of one of our hikes and we were standing on top of a large flat rock with the other family we came with, so Ben like clockwork, darts to the edge and Phil's friend Arnold leaps to grab him before Ben went over the edge.  It all happened so fast, everyone yelling and darting to catch him and he caught him just in time.  It was crazy! We owe him our lives for catching Ben, one of the scariest things to happen to a mother.  


So as much as he loves the rocks and I want to give him his freedom, his safety is far more important.






It actually turned out to be a great day. Sunny and warm, before the initial heat of summer comes.  The kids loved climbing and exploring and we loved it because it wore them out...and so were we   :)



No comments: