8.09.2014

Summer 2014 Part I


Summer turned out to be pretty awesome this year.  Now that the kids were a little bit older and we had a bit of a plan, (mind you I was determined to have some sort of schedule of events we were going to do)...we were able to do a lot of fun things all while Ben had summer school and I was, or should say, STILL in school. Yes, I don't get any breaks--but I like it that way, I love school and the 2 weeks off during Christmas is good for me.  Any who, I was still realistic in our little summer schedule.  I tried to plan on going places that were either free or inexpensive. We did a lot of swimming, either here at home or at the "Y" pool, which was what Lizzie and I both preferred.  Beach trips, afternoon ice cream, and market nights--the point was to be together and to have fun doing it.



Drive-in movies to see 'Maleficent'
Ben was not too happy about having his photo taken-obviously




Telling secrets.



Market night!  This little girl loves horses (even though this one is a pony) 
and really all animals for that matter.




These little guys were always making their way into our garage.



Swimming at the 'Y', with friends.  Kyle was one of her very good friends, whom she misses like crazy.  




Sneaking a photo with my handsome hubby.






Thrifty's Ice cream after swimming.  And the best part about these little adventures to get ice cream, is that Ben actually likes ice cream now!! For so long, we had or I should say 'have' been fighting his sensory issues--which will be a life long thing for sure.  But this year he actually asked or rather motioned that he wanted some.  We started with Popsicles at home and now we love that we can enjoy something as simple getting ice cream cones as a family.  It's the little things, right?





We did all if not most of what I had planned for the summer.  We did have our regular, no-frill days where we recouped and lounged around the house.  And Ben still had his regular ABA sessions, so we tried to work around that and daddy's schedule.  


This was just the first few weeks of summer-- lots more to come!!


No comments: