10.23.2009

Fun at the pumpkin patch!



We headed out to the pumpkin patch at the beginning of the month, I've just been a bit pre-occupied with a lot of other things, so sorry this is coming weeks later. We went with a couple friends from church, John and Misty Segalla and their daughter Sara. It was a great day to be out, it was clear and cool which is perfect with kids. This pumpkin patch was amazing! They had so much for the kids to do; bounce houses, slides, pony rides, petting zoo and a ton more! They had this adorable little monkey dressed up and the little kids would give him a dollar and he'd place it into his pocket, I wish I had a picture of him, it was the cutest thing ever.




We decided to do the petting zoo first. Ben was first and he had the hardest time. He wouldn't look at any of the animals or let go of me, for that matter. But we knew he would have a hard time, given the fact that he has sensory issues. Maybe next year?! Elizabeth did a little better, she still had a hard time letting go of me as well, but she did warm up to the animals after a few minutes. I think she just had a hard time with anything bigger than herself, she probably thought they were going to eat her...I'd be scared too! We then took Elizabeth on the pony ride and allowed Ben to go on the train. She had the time of her life, once the pony got going she was giggling and laughing. I loved it! =D So much for getting great pictures, I didn't get any of the kids in the patch itself or even with a pumpkin, oh well. It was fun getting out with the kids and allowing them to do some fun stuff we rarely get to do.



Phil, Ben, Sara and John getting ready to ride

No comments: