11.21.2011

A letter to my Son, Benjamin


Dearest Benjamin, 

This year has been filled with so many special moments.  A lot of "firsts" have taken place and wonderful memories as well.  You started the year with a BANG! in January, when you took your first bite of an orange.  Such a huge first step, since the last time you had fruit, you were an infant!  As the year has progressed on, you really expanded your genre of foods, eating pasta, apples, bananas, cabbage & shrimp.  You seem to really love your oranges and tangerines though! 


January '11

 


Easter 

Halloween 
This year at church you joined the Primary age children in Sunbeams.  And as the year has almost come to a close, you are sitting longer and even becoming more engaged.  I'm not surprised to find that you bring a smile to everyone you meet.  You are loved by so many, and it's not hard to see why.     

Preschool- June '11

Camping Trip- June '11



1st day of School -2011

Pumpkin Patch -Oct '11

Pumpkin Patch -Oct '11
There are many quiet moments in which I see God's tender mercies with you.  You have taught me to slow down...and to see the world through your eyes.  
You are an exceptional boy with so much to give the world.  

LA Zoo April '11


Benjamin, I can not tell you enough just how very special you are to this family.  Your sweet and endearing smile keep me remembering what is most important. This year has been a hopeful one, in which you started using sign language and making sounds that show how anxious you are to speak with us.  I know that you will teach us far more than I can ever teach or give you. (Although I will definitely try).

You inspire me, Ben.

You make me try harder each day.

There are no words to describe how much love I have for you.

I remember one evening, when you were only 19 months, just after your sister was born.  You lay in your bed and I kissed you goodnight.  My heart was so full and I began to cry.  I remember telling your father how much I loved you and how incredibly lucky I felt.

You still bring tears to my eyes and make my heart swell.
 I thank the Lord each and every night for allowing me to be your mother.
 I couldn't have asked for a more perfect son.

Happy 5th Birthday Benjamin!!!  

I love you.

All of my Love...
        Mommy



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Sara, just beautiful. Ben is a special guy and you are a very special mother. I love you guys!!! Rock on Sara and Ben! :-) Love, Jen.

The Vickrey's said...

I literally am wiping my tears...Ben is so lucky to have you as his mom..he is such a special little boy and oh so cute!We miss you guys everyday! I hope he had a wonderful birthday. Love you Ben! Love Aunt Tami & Family!

Sam & Sam Pontious said...

Aahh, I was crying. He seriously is so lucky to have you as his mommy! Your one lucky mama! :)