Yep, this is where I talk nothing about my babies and all about how much I love school!!! I never thought that day would ever come...seriously, I pegged myself as the worst student ever. And, like most of you know, was hesitant to go back. But, seriously, can I just tell you...how much I love what I'm doing. I feel so blessed to have found it and know that I'm using what the Lord has given me. In all honesty, I knew I would do something creative...but I think for so long, thought that the Lord would want me to do something like, actually meaningful. I guess, in a way, I thought, well if I design clothes, interiors, etc...it's pretty shallow, right? I mean, it's not like I'm saving the world or anything.
But then, I thought. No, I may not have the cure for cancer or be able to teach children math (thank goodness)...but I get to create something wonderful for people. I get to work inside the hearts of their sanctuaries. Create places they can escape to. Dream and thrive. De-stress and find peace. I get to create a haven. And that, made my heart happy.
I love new things. Discovering beauty in all its forms. All created and inspired by our Heavenly Father. He is the greatest creator of all time. Just think...we get to experience it each day; see it at home, in the sky, at work, or in a growing mother's belly. I'm pretty amazed at all of the creations our Heavenly Father has given us, and that is when I think...I have to use what he's given me, I have to create and grow and fail and grow some more. I need to continue to become more like what He wants me to be, and that inevitably is to follow what my heart is telling me.
So back to my point...I adore school. I wish time would go by faster sometimes so I can be done, but then I remember that I have so much more to learn and I want to do more with what I have. So, for now...I'm really enjoying school. I spend every night at my computer, doing homework, sketching, studying, and I feel so lucky, because, I love it.
I really do love it.
And here are some of my projects from school,
a few sketches to start.
And some still life. I'm sure you're wondering why I need to draw for Interior Design, but I have to be able to draw up floor plans, room designs, furniture, etc.
Learning dimension...this is a cloth draped and twisted over a small stool. I thought it came out pretty rad.
And this was my final project for my drawing class.
Designing patterns and working with Photoshop
My final project for my color class...I had to run with the whole chevron (zigzag) trend and patterns. Just had to! :)







No comments:
Post a Comment