If you know me at all...you know I don't like cooking. Now baking, on the other hand? I will do that! If it entails eating some yummy sugary goodies...I am all over it! And for Christmas, it's the one thing I do look forward to. We baked, frosted and rolled our little hearts out. In staying true to my motto this year, of not overdoing it...I decided to only bake a few goodies and keep it simple.
![]() |
| Sassy co-baker |
Elizabeth loved helping me. She helped cut out the sugar cookies
and decorate them with sprinkles.
She was very proud of her work.
On the day we built our gingerbread house, I had spent all day working with Ben, potty training. She had been left to play and entertain herself most of the day (poor girl, but such a great sport). So, in the evening I allowed her to stay up a little later than her brother and we decorated our gingerbread house. She especially didn't want any help in that department. (Sounds a bit like her mama, haha!) I frosted and she decorated. I'm not surprised she did an awesome job...no, really she did. I gave her some general direction, but she placed the candies and did with such perfection.
We had a lot of fun this year, baking in the kitchen. There are moments I have to remind myself that it won't be like this forever. So I stop and allow her to help and we inevitably, make a mess. They grow up so fast and I hope she will remember when she's older the time we spent together in the kitchen. I think that is what really counts, right?
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment